Founded in 1926 by the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother, St. John Medical Center is a regional leader in radiology, cardiology, oncology, women's health, wellness and physical rehabilitation. The sprawling campus in mid-town Tulsa is a far cry from the modest, 50-bed structure opened more than 80 years ago. The 21st Street Project, with major construction completed in 2004, further expanded the campus with the nine-story Siegfried Tower, the 11-story Williams Medical Plaza and a central parking garage with more than 1,900 spaces.
Nearly 700 physicians and thousands of skilled medical professionals utilize the latest medical technology to fulfill St. John's mission of providing medical excellence and compassionate care to patients in the many communities the medical center serves. From newborns to senior care, St. John offers a full range of services.
For decades, Oklahoma has turned to St. John in times of illness and injury. Today, individuals seeking top-quality, compassionate care can find it at the outstanding hospitals, physician practices, senior living centers, and outpatient facilities that make up the St. John Health System.
Oklahoma facilities sponsored or partially-sponsored by the St. John Health System include St. John Sapulpa, St. John Owasso, Jane Phillips Medical Center, Bartlesville; Franciscan Villa, Broken Arrow; Frances Streitel Villa, Collinsville; Heartsworth House, Vinita; Rosewood Terrace, Vinita; CommunityCare Managed Healthcare Plans of Oklahoma, Tulsa; OMNI Medical Group, northeastern Oklahoma; Physicians Support Services Inc., Tulsa; and Regional Medical Laboratory, Tulsa. In 2009, the health system will add St. John Broken Arrow, a six-story, 92-bed facility near Tulsa.
The St. John Health System is sponsored by the non-profit Marian Health System, one of the nation's largest Catholic healthcare networks.